Friday, June 26, 2009

Gen X is getting old

Michael Jackson, Farraw. Don't let this be the start of the end of my childhood. I am going to be a little selfish and say that when the people pass who were part of your memories growing up, it seems as though you lose a part of yourself. I remember when Thriller was about to come out and the buzz around " what is Michael doing next". I remember watching Charlie's Angels, every week! I guess what I am saying is, when people pass that help shape my memories as a teen, I feel as though I am getting older.

I cannot not look back at Michael's greatness and now in the future he might do something great again. Even with Farraw, you knew she and Ryan were together and the would someday get married. With the passing of them both, the end of my childhood has started.

Let's be honest, for Gen X'rs, when George Carlin passed, we felt sadness but he was of a different erea than ours. These hit closer to home

No comments:

Post a Comment